The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

Robert Lee Frost (March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963) was an American poet. He is highly regarded for his realistic depictions of rural life and his command of American colloquial speech. His work frequently employed settings from rural life in New England in the early twentieth century, using them to examine complex social and philosophical themes.

Thanks, Valéria, for having read this poem in class.

1 comentários:

Blark disse...

Hello! As I told you, I'm here.

I must say that I remember this poem. It is special for its thematic complexity.

Our lives are always like the poem: there are different ways (and sometimes opposing) to follow...
Unfortunately we can only choose one of them. It looks something like the presentation I made to Fernando, do you remember? About the Butterfly Effect. I guess this is the why I like so much this movie...

Well, little by little I'll read your blog, 'cause there're many things here...